I love NYC!


Just got back from New York City yesterday. It was a really long flight from Long Island to Vegas took 6 hours. Let me start out by telling you that this trip ended up being so much fun. On the way there we flew to Baltimore and spent a few hours there waiting for our next flight to Long Island. We ended up booking our tickets to Long Island in hopes of seeing a friend, when that didn't work we ended up taking the LIRR to Penn Station. From there we got a cab to the Riverside Studios where we were supposed to stay for the week. When we got there there were 2 girls in the lobby telling the clerk that there were mice in their room.. The man handed me a real key to our room and I knew that this was going to be an interesting night. Who uses real keys for hotels anymore? When we got to the elevator I noticed that we had to open a door to get in. The entire elevator must have been 3ft by 4ft. It was almost like out of a bad movie. We got to our room and I noticed there was no bathroom. It was a 9 by 12 ft room with some ghetto furniture. The bed would squeak when you sat on it. There was no bathroom and so I went in search of it. Down the hall about 4 doors down was a communal bathroom. I opened the door and was a bit surprised at my discovery. I noticed the mold and fungus growing on the walls of the shower. There was a hand written note hung over the shower that read, “please put the shower curtain inside the shower when showering”. I should have taken a picture of the place but I didn't really want to stay there any longer then needed. We stayed there that night on a really uncomfortable bed. I was exhausted to say the least. I ended up sleeping with the light on just in case the critters came out. It looked like a place where cockroaches and mice would linger. We ended up changing locations. I found us a nice Best Western to stay at the was really close to Broadway. We were about 6 blocks from Times Square. The next day we ended up going to see Hair and Marry Poppins. My cousin didn't like Hair very much. She said it made her feel uncomfortable so we ended up leaving after 10 mins. We did a lot while we were there. We even went to some of my places on my bucket list. I really wanted to go to the MET and the MET opera. We did both of those. We even went back stage at the MET. That was real exciting to me. It's something I have wanted to go do for a really long time. We drove threw Central Park. I did see some of it but not as much as I would have liked. We did get to go see Serendipity. We ate there and I got to see their famous frozen hot chocolate . We went to the Waldorf Astoria on Park Ave and a few blocks south was the world trade center site. It was crazy to actually be there where a major terrorist attack occurred in our country. It was unreal. Even 8 years later, there was still debris on the ground, in that big gaping hole of the city. I learned the subway system real well and I don't think if I was to go back that I would be uncomfortable traveling alone. Jamie warned me that many New Yorkers fight with just about anyone around. I saw that first hand when I saw a man yelling profanities at a driver. Believe it or not there aren't rules when it comes to driving in the city. No one cares, no one signals, and no one stops. Its nuts out there, and I love it! I felt at home in the city and If I could get a job there I would move. Within about an hour I must have heard about 50 different languages, cultures and rich and poor. I love cities that have culture. There are so many naive people in the world that cant appreciate different beliefs and class of society. I love it all! I am looking forward to going back there. Maybe live there one day.

















0 comments:

Post a Comment

top