3 Already! A little man's story!

Where has the last 3 years gone. My baby is 3 today! This little fireball has always been busy! I remember thinking when I was carrying my daughter that she was a kicker and I nicknamed her fidget. However, it was nothing compared to being pregnant with Charlie, he kicked so much he would wake me up in the middle of the night. I couldn't rest anything on my stomach with out it falling off from his soccer kicks.

He started causing me trouble earlier than that. I had an extended 34 day period the month before I found out I was pregnant. The next month didn't seem to be any different at 35 days I took a pregnancy test and it showed no lines. At 42 days I began to get a little worried and was about to call the OB's office. The thought of having a really long time between periods when you are trying to get pregnant is not the most appealing, now of course I would love 4o days between that time of the month! The morning of day 42 I thought well just before I call her I will do another pregnancy test (good job I bought the double pack)! There it was the extra line. I did wonder if it could be true having had the negative one only a few days earlier. I remember walking into Molly-Mae's bedroom and watching Nic change her diaper - "ummm, guess what" I said! He didn't look up as he spread "butt cream" over Molly-Mae's bottom. "Well, we are having another baby", "really"? At this point he looked up and I showed him the little white stick. "I guess I'll be calling my OB anyway".

The pregnancy was much easier than Molly-Mae's although there were a few things that got me worried. In the first 16 weeks I only gained 1lb and could still wear my normal trousers, I was worried that the baby wasn't getting enough nutrition, unlike Molly-Mae, with which I couldn't wear my normal trousers at 7 weeks (not kidding) and gained 50lb during the pregnancy. With the 2nd pregnancy I had terrible constipation and when I mean terrible, I am talking an hour in the bathroom, with a numb bum almost every day. It got to the point where I didn't want to go to the bathroom at work because my co-workers thought that something wierd was going on because I would be gone for such a long time. One day I was late for picking up Molly-Mae from daycare because I was literally stuck! I have to say I hated being pregnant, the non-sleeping, the constipation, the inability to eat anything without getting acid reflux along with all the other "side effects", I just kept saying to myself "keep your eye on the prize".

On the Tuesday before Thanksgiving, I had my last appointment with my Dr and she told me I was in early labor. In fact her exact words were "there is absolutely no way you are going to make Thanksgiving". Famous last words! Thanksgiving came and went, the Friday after Thanksgiving came and went and Saturday I checked myself into the hospital bright and breezy at 7am. I had no idea whether it was a boy or a girl. I labored all day, with the nurses telling me the second is always easier. How wrong were they? This little guy wasn't coming out for love nor money and then at 8.28pm in the evening, the exact same time as his sister he decided that the World outside my stomach was his. The birth was excrutiating, he decided that he wanted to come out hand first and so I had to deal with the head and the shoulder. Lets just say the less I talk about the better and I don't recommend that type of birth. I was so excited to have a boy and he was such a "Charlie" we knew it when we looked at him. He was worth the room looking like a massacre had happened, he was worth me throwing up 10 minutes after his birth and he was worth the 9 months and 35lb of weight gain. He was worth the loss of blood and D and C 2 weeks later, he was worth the crazy night schedule he kept, of being "upside down" and being awake most of the night, but most of all, he was my little boy, the boy that I had dreamed of to complete our family.

My cheeky Charlie turns 3 today. He is a busy boy, crazy busy boy. He is wide awake from the moment his eyes flick open, just like his father. He is smart, I thought his sister was smart but he amazes me, he could count to 10 at 20 months. He loves bellies and is always playing with his belly or my belly or his dad's belly, its like his comfort toy (which at times can be a little embarrassing). He hates to be alone and can not play alone, he craves people, he needs people to be with him. He worries about his sister, in fact they both worry about each other, I couldn't have asked for them to be closer to each other.

Yes my little man is 3 today, this was him in early October competing in a kids triathlon, he came 2nd in the 3 and under age group. He loves his bike and really needs a bigger one.

Happy birthday my little man! Thanksgiving will always mean me being thankful for you coming into my life.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

top