Shahzad keen on Yorks stay

Aug 17 2009 -

Yorkshire fast bowler Ajmal Shahzad has refused to pledge his future to the White Rose county.

The 24-year-old is out of contract at the end of the season and has held talks with several other counties.

He told the Telegraph & Argus: "I am not committing myself, but I would love to stay at Yorkshire.

"At the moment, I've not signed a deal with Yorkshire. I have spoken to a few other counties - about three or four."

Yorks director of professional cricket Martyn Moxon added: "Ajmal has been very good all season - he's maturing all the time.

"He's really improved and I'm delighted with his progress. It looks like he is going to be a real cricketer for the future.

"We have made him an offer and we hope that he will accept it. Chief executive Stewart Regan is working hard with his advisors to get an agreeable contract."

0 comments:

Post a Comment

top