Tears as Andy Murray's dream ends

Roger Federer was majestic today in winning the Australian Open for the fourth time, bringing his tally of Grand Slam titles to an incredible 16.

Andy Murray, hoping to be the first male Briton to win a Grand Slam singles title for 74 years, tried his hardest but his best wasn't good enough and he lost, 6-3, 6-4, 7-6 (13-11).

After receiving his runner-up's silver plate, Murray told the crowd: "Firstly congratulations Roger. His achievements in tennis are incredible. He was a lot better than me tonight, so well done. Thank you for your support. I loved every minute of it, and hopefully one time I can come back and win here . . ." Murray started to shed some tears . . . "Sorry I couldn't do it for you tonight . . ." Murray blubs again then said:

"I can cry like Roger. It's just a shame I can't play like him."

What a great off-the-cuff comment!

Let's hope that one day soon Andy Murray can win a slam. Wimbledon? Now that would be something.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

top