Pomp And Splendour

A Taste Of History (Right Here On Our Streets)

Photograph copyright: DAVID McMAHON


It’s not often I get to photograph a door that is actually in rapid motion!

I was walking across Princes Bridge, looking across the river, just to ensure I wasn’t missing any great sights, when I heard the familiar rumble of an approaching tram. Normally I wouldn’t have given any form of public transport a second glance, but the unusually dark colour caught my eye.

I immediately realised it was a tram that was specially painted to advertise the Pompeii exhibition that has been extremely popular here in Melbourne for the past few months.

Taking a shot, you might think, was no big deal. But there was traffic on both sides, there were cyclists, there were skateboarders, there were pedestrians. And it seemed as if they had all descended on the scene at precisely the time I wanted to photograph the tram for The Doors meme.

For earlier posts in this series, check out The Doors Archive.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

top