It's What Saturdays Were Made For

In an attempt to keep the Sundays of Lent slightly more holy than other Sundays in this house, I decided to see how much housework I could get done today, rather than spread it over the whole weekend.


I was slightly hampered by the fact that United were playing in a FA Cup quarter final, and as you know, on match days, I am not allowed to wash, dry, iron, bake cakes or go to Tesco. And if you don't know, don't ask. It's not worth it, and it will lower your assessment of my sanity considerably.


Anyway, aided and abetted by The Fixer (everybody else having suddenly remembered previous appointments, homework and promises to go and see Nana) we did manage to get through copious amounts of cleaning - including the Manchester Centre for Bacterial Excellence, otherwise known as the kitchen floor.


And since on match days I am allowed to clean the stove, everything is now sparkling clean for Sunday.


Oh, and United won 4-0 and got through to the semi-final.


Who am I to mess about with the laws of the universe?






Did anyone spot the deliberate mistake in the picture? Go on, have a closer look.


Yes, you guessed it. This picture gives the impression that the Father of This Lot helped out.


Fortunately, I managed to find one of how he really spent his afternoon.........




Roll on Sunday!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

top