It Didn't Look That Big in the Shop....

After a ridiculously busy two weeks I felt in need of a little cheering up.

I had been eyeing a large mirror in the window of the charity shop, which, I decided, would look perfect in the loft, and, undeterred by the chest of drawers fiasco, I went in and bought it.

It took two assistants to get the mirror out of the window, and it quickly became clear that I wouldn't be able to carry it on my own.

I nipped back to get The Fixer, and we set off. The fact that we had to be rescued by Jim next-door-but-one will give you some idea of the size of the mirror.

We hauled it up to the loft between us, propped it up and took a step back.



The Fixer: God, Mum, it's MASSIVE! Why do you always have to buy the biggest thing in the shop?

Me: Do you think your father will notice it?

The Fixer: Maybe not, if he comes home REALLY REALLY drunk............and if he's been struck partially blind in the Mare and Foal this afternoon..........











In other news, we are now officially a house made up entirely of double figures.

The Noise is ten today.

Happy Birthday, Little One.






0 comments:

Post a Comment

top