MINE!!!

It was a weekend of errant errands, projects large and small and thunderstorms and I sit here amazed at all the things on the list that didn’t get done. I think back to Thursday night, to the list … er … lists, to the hope and promise that all would be done in 3 days. No problem and I still might have some time to read, play with Gryphon, visit the sphere and lay a few courses on the rock wall. HA! HA and HA! Murphy sat firmly on his throne built upon our misery, presiding over misbegotten plans and grinned! Grinned I tell you! The list of uncrossed items conspicuously outweighs the crossed off items. Amazing!

I suppose that many of us believe the weekends, especially the long ones, to be the nostrum for the grind of the week – I know that is what is in my head as the weekend approaches. Perhaps that was true in my youth when my batteries had and endless capacity to recharge. Now I wonder if it is that my expectations have expanded or my capacity to execute has diminished – perhaps it is both.

In all reality, Vulpine Manor has benefited from our labors (whether or not the list was completed) and already the list for next weekend has begun. There will be plenty of time for lounging as the weather comes into its summer scorch. Meanwhile the extra rain we are getting and the high humidity has caused exponential growth and cutting must happen lest we fall behind the jungle swell. Some of you might remember the insurmountable vegetation that we faced when we first moved here. I’m proud to say that we are far better off now and NEVER want to go back there again.

I’m yawning so I should claim my pillow. Speaking of claims, I’ll leave you with these:

MINE! ALL MINE!!!


MINE! (nectar wars)

These guys are fast! Even at a shutter speed of 1/400 they blur!


MINE! (Gryphon's fridge)
(too bad he's not happy here, huh?)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

top