I live for special moments like these: Lee

FOR MORE CLICK HERE


Hyderabad: Architect of New South Wales' Champions League Twenty20 triumph, blond speedster Brett Lee said he always strives to rise to the big occasions and it was immensely satisfying to shine in on Friday's final against Trinidad & Tobago.

NSW were in tatters before Lee's 31-ball 48 powered them to a competitive 159 for nine and the tearaway pacer returned to claim two early wickets to unhinge T&T.

Lee, who bagged both the Man of the Match and Man of the Series awards, said he is a big-match player and is happy to have made his mark in the all-important summit clash.

"I think my game is coming up well and I'm enjoying it. I live for special moments like this and want to do well in big moments. When the crowd gets behind me, it becomes special and I'm happy I did well tonight," said the pacer.

Lee said 130-140 would have been a defendable total in the final and to get near the 160-mark was a bonus.

"I was trying to closely watch the balls. I knew if I stuck around we'd get some runs. We aimed at 130-140 but got 160 on the board which was quite defendable," said the pacer.

Victorius NSW captain Simon Katich described it as a "very proud moment" but was gracious enough to praise the opponents.

"It's a very proud moment. Congratulations to T&T, who showed what they're worth. Thanks for a great final," he said.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

top