Happiness is....

Flowers at Chatuchak market, Bangkok, Thailand
Photo: C. Mercado



David asks this weekend question: What makes you happy?

This was quite timely since sometime back, I had made a list of the things that made me smile, ergo, made me happy. Since it is such an easy thing to do, I thought I would just copy that list here, and that would basically answer David's question, and that would be a new post! Is that cheating? I did add a few new ones....

So here is a list of things that make me smile, just in random order...

  • watching Kara and Kristina sleep like angels

  • hugs and cuddles from people I love

  • when my two daughters smile

  • getting emails from my daughters

  • personalised cards that my babies make for me

  • surprises, anything

  • sunrises and sunsets

  • poetry, especially if it is read aloud to me

  • being surrounded by family

  • knowing that my father and mother are healthy and growing old gracefully

  • getting my feet wet on the beach

  • catching snowflakes on my tongue

  • the smell of incense, coffee, anything baking

  • when I am looking at old photos and remembering when these were taken

  • flowers, especially roses, lilies and tulips

  • warm gulab jamuns

  • ice cream and apple pie

  • talking to my family on the phone

  • Scrabble games

  • new issues of the New Yorker

  • cold winter evenings in front of the fire sipping hot chocolate

  • curling up in my favourite chair with a new book

  • new shoes!

  • sitting and holding hands at the movies with my loved one

  • love letters

  • baby pictures of Kara and Kris and my nephews and nieces

  • a nice long walk in the park

  • Nirmal's goofy grin

  • chatting with Tanya

  • the sound of rain

  • a trip to the hairdresser

  • a nice, long massage

  • the smell of lavender

  • birthdays, birthday cakes, Christmas, any holiday where family is together

  • being with my friends, simply enjoying their company

And, I am saving the best for last, blogging, reading my friends' blogs and having them read mine and leave lovely comments!!


What makes YOU happy?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

top