Dream

Early morning, at home
Photo by: C. Mercado


A rambling old house, who are all these people?
I am walking around, looking for something/someone familiar.

The table was wood, antique wood, with carved legs, benches around it.
Family and friends filled it.
Laughter, banter, food.
There were tens of candles all around, throwing shadows on the walls.
It was domestic bliss at its best.

Then I see a bridge, I walk towards it, and see my father.
He helps me cross since he knows I am scared of bridges.
I don't know why, but I felt the fear, that sensation of stepping onto something stable, but not.. weird feeling.

Suddenly I am in a room, people there, some I know, some complete strangers.
Two catch my eye, my favourite aunts.
But they passed into the other world many years back!
I was happy to see them, hugs, excitement, ceaseless chatter.
I wanted to spend as much time with them, since it has been awhile since I last saw them.

Afterwards, I am walking towards someone, his face is in the shadows, I am not sure whether I recognise him or not.
I felt like this was what I was searching for in the chaos.
Then we were in a garden, the scent of magnolias filled the air.
We sat on a bench, held hands and talked. It was light, happy, filled with tenderness and affection.

Then people stared coming to the garden too, the magic was gone....

I hear a ringing in the distance, and I realise it was my alarm clock. The spell was truly broken this time, since I am awake.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

top