A Grey Mood...

Montreal is covered in mist. It is a very grey day today. From my office I can hardly see the tops of adjacent buildings, enveloped in fog as these are....

The weather is finally changing. After a few weeks of unusually warm weather for the season, we are now well into autumn, and I feel quite excited that winter is coming soon, then many thigs will be white. I am feeling colour today, I don't know why.

Grey is an interesting colour, it is one which is "in between" like the moods we get into when we say we are "feeling grey".

So as I look out my window, I wish I can take a box of crayons and color the landscape, transform it into something more vibrant, more alive.

But then I realise that no matter what it looks like outside, what is inside is what matters most. Like people. But very often it is simpler to recognise the superficial physicality of things because it is far less complicated and does not need scrutiny. Nevertheless, I believe that we should look more closely than what is there, because as one saying goes "there is more than meets the eye"....

----------------------------------
Note: This is an old post that I have resurrected and changed just a bit. The funny thing is I feel almost exactly the same as that time I wrote the original post almost a year ago today, and the view outside is a carbon copy of what it was! It has been and will continue to be a busy time, at least until the end of this month, so bear with me folks!! :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

top