Aug 16 2009 - 12:26:44

Warwickshire batsman Jonathan Trott is confident that he will be up to the task of making his Test debut in the cauldron in the crucial fifth Ashes Test at The Oval.

The 28-year-old right-hander has been preferred to Ravi Bopara for a match which England must win to regain the little urn.

Trott told BBC Radio 5 Live's Sportsweek: "I'm chuffed as hell really. I've been playing pretty well this season, so I hope I can play well this week.

"I'm pretty much going to try and stay as relaxed as possible. I'd like to think that under pressure I perform - we'll see this week.

"A lot of pressure is on the Australian side to retain the Ashes.

"I think we have to go out and try to play to win and with that positive mindset hope we will get the result.

"I've been thinking about my call-up this morning and going back to 2005 when England won the series.

"I remember thinking back then what a great chance it would be to be involved and now I've got my chance."

0 comments:

Post a Comment

top